Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Am I a Blogger?

So I have enjoyed reading several blogs over the past year, and I have decided that I would love to be able to write about my experiences, just as these people have done. Not necessarily so that other people can read it, but mostly so that I can remember.

See I have a terrible memory. I didn’t realize how bad my memory was until I met my husband. He can recite movie lines after only seeing the movie once, while I can barely remember the plot. He can remember exactly what it was the made him mad at me, and I can’t remember what he said at the beginning of the argument. He remembers every detail of every trip we have ever taken, and I only remember things that we took pictures of.

Growing up my family never really told stories of what happened to them as children, and they rarely tell stories of what happened to me as a child, so I don’t have that many childhood memories either…and now I’m thinking that this problem with “forgetfulness” could be inherited, seeing as how my parents don’t remember the stories either.

Then I met Jace. If any of you have ever been to a Raney family dinner, you know that these folks don’t forget any stories (the only thing they forget is who they told that story to and how many times). I love this family and all their crazy stories…and I hope to one day pass down crazy stories to my kids and grandkids (please don’t take reference to children as a need to question me as to when I plan to have children).

So in an effort to try to remember things, I am going to write them down. I’m going to warn those that choose to read this…I have no plans on being a daily blogger. As mentioned earlier, I have a terrible memory, so things will happen and I will forget to write them down and they will be eternally forgotten.

Hope you enjoy the blog.

3 comments:

  1. HAHA!!! What the Raney's tell stories?!?!? NO...I have never heard a Raney story ONCE... Now I have heard a Raney story three, four, Ten times, but never ONCE! So glad you joined the blogging world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know that these folks don’t forget any stories (the only thing they forget is who they told that story to and how many times).

    HAHA :) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog...I can totally relate to this post. I'll be playing catch-up today and it looks like I have LOTS of reading to do.

    ReplyDelete