Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Where do we go from here?

So we took a big blow this week. The adoption process was moving along great until I got the following e-mail from my contact with Journey's of the Heart (our adoption agency).

"We learned that ProIII changed the age requirement for families from 27-49 to 30-48. We are sending your file to the Senior Taiwan Director in our Shoreline office to see if we can still keep you in the program since you applied before the change took effect. I will keep you posted of what she will say. I'm keeping my fingers crossed."


How do I explain my emotions at this point? Angry, sad, upset, frustrated, bitter, mad, offended…you get the picture. Sometimes I just get so angry when people assume that I won't be good at something because of my age. I'm trying my best to be understanding. I know that there are lots of people out there that want a baby from Taiwan, and this is just their way of narrowing down the list.

Jace and I really haven't had a chance to discuss our options at this point. I did find out yesterday that we are officially out of Program III. No chance that they would accept us because I'm only 27. There is another program with Taiwan that we could get into, but the wait time is much longer. We could try to pick another country, but it took us weeks to decide on Taiwan.

I guess what I'm asking for is prayer. I have no idea where to go from here. I just start crying every time I think about having to wait 3 years to get on a list (and then possibly another 2 years to get a child….oh yes…that means 5 years folks!).

A special "Thanks" to my wonderful sisters…Joani, Mitzi and Tricia…you girls are the best! They sent me flowers yesterday to help me feel better. Flowers always make me feel better!

3 comments:

  1. Em,

    I am so sorry. I cannot imagine how you must feel right now. You will definitely be in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ::hugs:: all i really feel i have to offer...know that i am totally willing to travel overseas and kidnap some parent-less child for you two. you deserve this so much. i have to agree that i'm a bit mixed on the emotions & tator-tot is only my niece/nephew; i couldn't begin to imagine the emotional shock you're in. i did a little Job-ing at God when i found out...SO frustrating!
    we're praying though, really hard, for whatever He has planned.
    ::hugs::

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keeping ya'll wrapped in our prayers. Found this quote and wanted to share:
    "Hope is the feeling you have that the feeling you have is not permanent."
    God has a plan & is in control.

    ReplyDelete