Monday, June 1, 2009

Do you have an update yet?

Yes. I know you have all been anxiously awaiting an update on how the adoption process is going; since we found out we no longer qualify for Taiwan Program III. Well, we are no further along than we were three weeks ago.

I have been doing my best to become the Adoption Agency's "Most Annoying Client." Oh yes. I've called nearly every day since we got the news we were out of Program III, and I have yet to receive any definite word on where we stand.

Below is an example of the conversation I have daily with the Admin Assistant at the Adoption Agency:


A: Journey's of the Heart, how may I help you?

Emily: Hi A. It's Emily Raney.

A: Oh, hi Emily, how are you doing today?

Emily: I'm good, and you?

A: I'm just fine. I take it you have not heard from David yet.

Emily: Nope, still waiting on his call.

A: I was hoping he would call you yesterday.

Emily: Yes, well, I was too.

A: I'll put your name on the list again, and hopefully he will call today.

Emily: Ok. Thanks A. If not, don't worry, I'll call back tomorrow.

A: I know.


Ok…so the last few lines may not be totally word for word, but that is definitely what we are thinking.


I'm doing my best to be patient, but come on! It's been a week and a half since I last spoke to him, and he was going to get me some additional information on the Taiwan Program II. Do we qualify for that program? What is the wait time? Are there any other restrictions we have to meet? Hello? Can I get some response?


Can you hear the frustration in my writing?


Once I hear more…I'll let you know.

1 comment:

  1. The squeaky wheel gets the oil. Keep calling!!!

    ReplyDelete