Thursday, June 11, 2009

What do you do when you have a difficult decision to make?

So I've been putting off this post for quite some time now (ok…just a couple of weeks). I don't want to post something out here for all of the world to know, unless my mind is made up. I want to be completely sure about something before I let anyone else comment or give advice.

See, ask anyone that knows me, I do not take advice well. Or criticism, helpful suggestions, tips, hints, instructions, directions, commands, orders, etc…you get the picture. I'm a little hard headed. I really don't like it when people tell me what I should do, and I get even more frustrated when they start offering these suggestions when they know nothing about what I'm going through.

Ok. Let me step down off that soapbox now and continue with the real reason I'm writing this blog post.

Well, Jace and I found out a couple of weeks ago that we can indeed apply for Taiwan Program II. "So what is stopping you from applying?" you might ask. Well, during that wait time between when we found out that we couldn't apply to Program III and when we found out we could apply to Program II, we did lots of research on other countries, just in case we were told Taiwan is a "no go." While doing all this research, Jace and I kind of started leaning toward another country. I know, this is just crazy. I love Taiwan. Why would I not want to get a beautiful baby from this wonderful country? Well, there are lots of reasons why Taiwan Program II may not be right for us.

So in order to assist us in making this difficult decision, I have created my very own Pro/Con list. Yes, that's right…all my nerdy friends…you should be so proud.

I'd really rather not share the list with the entire world, but suffice it to say that it appears that another country may be winning. I really want this thing to work out.

I'm sure this is not exactly the update you were looking for. Believe me, I wish I had more answers, but unfortunately I don't.

Keep praying that we make the right decision.

1 comment:

  1. We will keep praying for you to make the right decision. I know God has this all worked out for the two of you. He is orchestrating a divine event in your life. Continue to keep us posted. As always, we love you!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete