Friday, January 1, 2010

How do you prepare for a child? (Part 3)


I know. It’s hard to believe that there would be a need for a “Part 3” of this blog, but because of all these wonderful people, there is enough stuff to talk about.


On December 19, the folks from LaPlace threw a shower for our little man.

A little over three years ago, Jace and I made the decision to move closer to his work. He was working lots of hours, and we thought we might be able to see each other more if we lived closer to where he worked. Prior to moving to LaPlace, Jace and I lived in Denham Springs, LA. I loved living in Denham Springs. Our house was really cute. Jace would drive from Denham Springs to Norco (about an hour and fifteen minutes) everyday to work, and then turn around and drive back in the evenings. It wasn’t really working for us.

When I walked through the front door of the house we ended up buying, I knew it was “the one.” I had no idea that I would be moving into the same neighborhood as some of the most wonderful people in LaPlace.

These LaPlace folks know how to throw a party. Check out that spread. It was all so tasty!!












Raney....That's us!!


I'm so glad that Miss Molly came to the party. She was a huge help opening all the presents and inspecting them to make sure they looked like fun. She looks a little unhappy in this picture...not really into the whole picture taking thing I guess.

The Hostesses....Heather, Missy, Marylou and Scarlett...such wonderful friends!!
















Marylou made cake...it was unbelieveable!! That girl is so talented.




We REALLY enjoyed the cake...





These folks are like family to me...we have Sunday lunch together, we help keep each others kids (one day they will return the favors!!) and if I ever ran out of sugar or eggs...I can just run to one of them. I'm so blessed to have such a great group of people to help us raise our little man.

No comments:

Post a Comment