Tuesday, February 2, 2010

What do you say when someone asks to “Guest Post” on your blog?


Get ready readers. Oh yes, both of you. I have had a request from one of my most favorite people on the planet to do a guest post on my blog. She's crafty, smart, and so very interesting….how in the world could I turn her down?!

My wonderful sister-in-law read a recent Stuff Christians Like post and requested that she be given authority to post something on my blog. How fun!

I'm taking this as a compliment that I have so many wonderful readers and she wants to be heard (not as a hint that I'm not updating my blog enough…no wait, that can't be it, she hasn't updated her since December 10th).

I'm working on a list of "Acceptable Blog Topics" for her to use as guidance. I know she will probably pay them no attention, but I wanted to give her some fun ideas.
  1. Why is Emily such an amazing sister-in-law?
  2. Why is the sky blue?
  3. If you had to pick one, what is your favorite color M&M? Why?
  4. What CD is in your car CD player right now? What are your thoughts about that band (love them/hate them)?
  5. What are the three things I can't go a day without? Why?
Topics that should not be discussed on the blog:
  1. How did Emily become such a horrible person?
  2. What are my thoughts on cats? (or cat food, or cat poop, or catnip…just leave all cats off the blog)
  3. Work (Emily's work, your work, Jace's work, etc.) The blog is supposed to be fun. You may however talk about God's work (how's that for a Sunday School answer?).
  4. Why is Emily so obsessed with Twilight? (don't even go there!)
  5. Don't judge! The blog is not for Judging (lest thou be counter judged!)
Do you have any other fun suggestions for Tricia? Please feel free to leave your comments below. I look forward to seeing what she has to say.

2 comments:

  1. lindsey shelton duvallFebruary 2, 2010 at 7:15 PM

    I can't wait to read all the Raney family secrets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo...guest bloggers! You have reached the mecca of blogging success! I can't wait to hear the expose' of Emily cat phobias :)

    ReplyDelete