Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Will you read to me?




Cohen loves it when I read to him. Some of his favorite books are Llama, Llama Red Pajama, Goodnight Moon, I Love You Through and Through, and my personal favorite But No Elephants
(among many many others!). We love to read.


We do most of our reading at bath time, because he really has nowhere else to go, and it forces him to listen to me. Just recently, he lets me rock him before bedtime and I can read one book at that time too.


Since we love reading so much, I decided that it was time for us to give the Lap/Sit Read Time at our local library a try. Cohen loved it! It took him about 10 minutes to get comfortable with all the people. Once he was comfortable, he danced and hopped like a frog, and begged for stickers until they were all gone. Below are a few pictures I took on my iPhone.











She read The Wide Mouth Frog and then sang a song about a frog that hopped (it was a great counting song…I wish I could remember all of it….maybe I will be able to find it on iTunes later). After the singing and reading, she passed out frog/bug stickers and coloring pages. Cohen and I had never really tried our hand at coloring…but he took to it like a pro. Check out our first fridge artwork! So exciting.


3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad he likes to be read to. Reading is so-o-o-o-o-o-o important! He's the cutest one at the library.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ANd he let you rock him at bedtime. That's such a special time. I bet you're having so much fun being an at home mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha ha! dude! he wrote his own name on his first fridge art! now THAT'S impressive! ;)

    can't wait to see him this week!

    ReplyDelete