Tuesday, April 20, 2010

What was your first trip to Russia like? (AKA: Going to Meet Cohen – Part 4)


I know you have all been patiently waiting for me to continue the story of our trips to Russia. I sat down today and typed out another one. Enjoy.


New Orleans: 11/4/2009 3:52pm
Vladivostok: 11/5/2009 7:52am


Another strange night for the Raney's. We went to bed last night around 6pm – some because we were tired, but mostly because we were bored.


We woke up around 3am and watched a bunch of episodes of Friends on the computer. We went back to sleep around 5:30am, and got up around 7am for breakfast. We are going to have all kinds of trouble trying to switch back to American time, when we only get 6 or 7 hours of sleep a night.


Today is our last day visiting with Bogdan. It will be so incredibly sad to say goodbye, but I know we are coming back for him. I just wish I could take him home with me today.




_______________




New Orleans: 11/5/2009 1:57am
Vladivostok: 11/5/2009 5:57pm


Well this has been a very busy day.


Irena picked us up at 9:30am. We went to the Social Services office to let them know that we are interested in adopting Bogdan and we also wanted to give them a chance to observe us with him (even though they never did come observe us…I guess you do this out of courtesy to them).


Next we went to the hospital to visit Bogdan. Today is our last day with him. I just love this little guy so much!! He warmed up to us a lot quicker today than before. I guess he remembers us. He played really well, and even smiled and laughed.






I got to feed him again today. He had potatoes, meat and what appeared to be beets (no other vegetable is that color…it was hot pink and did not look very good at all).




We also met with Bogdan's doctor today. She gave us a very good report on Bogdan. He is up to date on his shots and he has even received a vaccination for the flu. Bogdan patiently sat on my lap while we talked to the doctor. So cute! After our meeting with the doctor, we signed the official paperwork stating that we wish to adopt Bogdan and we are going to change his name to Cohen Bogdan Raney.


It was so difficult to say goodbye. I'm going to miss him so much. They let me bring him right to his bed and put him in it. His room looked like all the other rooms in the hospital. It has about 8 baby beds and a beautiful baby in each one. I got to see the neighbor that gave him that nasty busted lip. A real cutie!






After a very sad goodbye we met up with two other families from America to finalize some of their adoption documents. They are on their second trip, so they have their babies with them. They are too cute. Max is about 22 months old and Benjamin is about 11 months old.

It was so nice to talk to them. They gave us lots of helpful tips on what to bring with us for our next trip.

I cannot wait to come back!!



Ok. Here are a couple of video's from this visit. One is of us playing with him. This is the most laughing we got out of him the three days we were with him. The other video is of me feeding him the beet soup stuff. Yum. Enjoy.











__________


New Orleans: 11/7/2009 12:39pm
Vladivostok: 11/8/2009 4:39pm


Home sweet home.


Our plane landed in New Orleans at midnight. It feels so good to be home. We have so many things to do to get ready for Cohen to join the family. Better get started!


According to our agency and everyone in Russia, we are thinking we will have him in our arms by February. I can't wait.


Our flight yesterday was good. When we landed in South Korea, I decided I wanted an American hamburger. I was fine with fast food, but Jace wanted to go to a sit down place. We got a map and saw that there was a Bennigans in the airport, so we decided to figure out how to get to it and eat there.


After about an hour of walking around and looking for the entrance to this restaurant (it was on the second floor and you could see it through a large window) we gave up and asked someone. Evidentally that restaurant is on the other side of airport security and out of bounds for the Americans in South Korea. Jace finally settled for Burger King.


Our flight from Seoul, South Korea to Los Angeles was only about 11 hours. I watched 3 movies (My Sisters Keeper, The Proposal, and The Time Travelers Wife). I slept a little too.


The Los Angeles airport is my least favorite airport EVER! Its dirty and it takes forever to get from one place to another. It took us nearly 2 hours to get through customs and back through security.


I miss my baby boy, but I'm happy to be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment