Thursday, July 15, 2010

Has it really been that long?

That's what I kept thinking the entire time I was hanging out with my college friends this weekend. "Has it really been that long?" I can't believe how much has changed since we all graduated, and in a way, I'm happy to see that there are things that never change.

The Ownby's decided to have a cookout and they invited all of us. The Watson's, The McGee's, The Vance's, The Upshaw's and The Raney's all met at their house for burgers and fun.

Not all of these folks actually attended or graduated from Tech, but we all have a connection. Some were brought in by marriage, others because they are related to one of us Tech grads, but whether they went to Tech or not, they are all loads of fun.

Between all of us, there were 6 kids. The oldest, Aiden, did a great job showing the little kids how to behave. He was a perfect angel all night. I believe Elizabeth said that Aiden was 5 (I could be wrong, so feel free to correct me). The others, Liam, Lane, Cohen, Layla and Eli, range in age from two and a half to 18 months. These kids were crazy!

Here's a picture of all of them in the pool.




The big blowup pool was not the only outside attraction. There was a bouncy thing setup when we arrived, but that was taken down when the kids started getting in the pool. There was also a smaller pool...Layla really liked having this one all to herself. (Also, notice that she didn't make it to her swim suit in time for the fun, so she jumped right in fully dressed...too cute!).



She did share the smaller pool later with some of the boys.




I pulled out my camera to get a shot of Layla and Eli sitting next to each other on the little pool, but when the picture actually took, they were sort of falling out of the pool. I thought it was a funny picture so I'm including it in the blog.



The Ownby's also had a huge beach ball that shot water out of all sides. Cohen loved this!


When it started raining, we moved the party indoors. Brooke and Jon provided some very tasty burgers.

Cohen won the award for the most food consumed by a child. While all the other parents were fixing plates with a few chips and half a hamburger, not us. We put the entire burger on that kid's plate with an adult size portion of cheetos and he ate everything and then asked for more.


After dinner, the kids made a mess of the Ownby house. There were toys and games scattered everywhere!!



Jace had fun getting the kids dizzy by spinning them in a circle....here is a picture of Liam getting dizzy. Look at that face...I think he is having fun!


After they were good and dizzy, then Jace would set them down so that they could walk around like a drunk person. I'm not sure who had more fun with this, the kids or their parents.



A little later that day, the boys were busy showing off by doing push-ups in the living room. Well, Layla was sure she could show those boys a thing or two, so she got down and proceeded to do a little booty shake in front of them (or maybe she was trying to do her girl style push-ups...we may never know). Anyway, the boys were very interested in what she was doing...check out Liam and Cohen in this picture.


This next picture was taken right after the push-up contest. I was trying to get a shot of Liams adorable dimples, but my camera was a little too slow. I did, however, get a shot of Layla stripping in the background. Yep...love that girl! They say it's not a party until someone takes their clothes off!



After she got more clothes on, Layla put on a show for us.





After Layla's show, Liam decided that the adults should go through the "tunnel." (or crawl in between his legs). Liam is pretty tall...so this was do-able. I did it first because he asked me to. Luckily, no one had their camera's out to catch me crawling through the tunnel.



Jace was not so lucky! (Cohen's legs are WAY to short for this game. He actually just walked up and sat on Jace's head).



Then the kids took turns crawling through the tunnels.


At the end of the night, we were so sad that we had to leave. I think Cohen made some really good friends that day. Here is a shot I took as we were leaving. Cohen and Liam decided they should give each other a good-bye hug.



I hope we can all get together again soon! We had so much fun!!

5 comments: