Monday, August 30, 2010

Are you preparing him for hockey or roller derby?

For Cohen's second birthday, his Aunt Stephanie gave him a pair of roller skates. We like to take these out every now and then to see how Cohen's sense of balance has progressed. While the skates are put away most of the time (we've had a few accidents where Cohen put on one skate and hit the wall, etc.), the elbow and knee pads stay in the playroom. Cohen came to me the other day with the elbow pads and knee pads and asked me to put them on. After he was fully protected, I went to retrieve the skates from their super secret hiding spot.

So I ask the question "hockey or roller derby?" because of his outfit. Now that Cohen is totally potty trained, I'm trying to teach him to go to the bathroom with no help. This is difficult when he's wearing shorts...so I just leave the shorts off on most days. Looks like I'm training him for roller derby...hum. I'm certain I will get a speech from the boys father later, but for now, we can all admire his chunky legs!!






2 comments:

  1. Lindsey Shelton DuvallAugust 30, 2010 at 1:50 PM

    So cute! I love those legs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahaha! This made me laugh out loud!

    ReplyDelete