Sunday, October 31, 2010

How far is a half marathon?

On Saturday, October 30, Jace and I finished our second half-marathon. We did it! All 13.1 miles. Jace finished in 1:59:30 and I finished in 2:22:12. Yay!

Last year, we did our first half-marathon on October 31, 2009, and got on a plane that same day to go meet our son in Russia. This year was much different. That beautiful little boy that knew nothing about us a year ago, got to be one of the spectators at the race (Thanks to Nan and Pops for making this possible!).


 


Here are a couple of photos of Cohen playing on the playground near the race course with Nan and Pops. I think he had lots of fun.





I think Nan had a lot of fun at the playground as well!



The official after race photo.


3 comments:

  1. Who was number 500? Gosh, that is aggravating! Congrats! So proud of you and so happy that Cohen is part of your family now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with Scarlett! Who got in between the two of you?!? ;)

    great post! so glad this kid is part of our life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way cute! How sweet of Cohen to make those signs to cheer on his mommy and daddy :) I am so proud of you guys. Y'all inspire me to get back on track with running and enter a race somewhere myself.

    ReplyDelete