Monday, November 8, 2010

What does the inside of a pumpkin look like?

This year, on October 31, we decided to see how many fun things you can cram into one day. I will have to separate this day into a few different posts because there was so much going on.

We started they day like every Sunday at church with our wonderful church family at FBC LaPlace. We came home and had a quick nap (by quick, I mean several hours because Cohen is a great sleeper!!).

Once Cohen finally woke up, we decided to decorate and carve some pumpkins. Uncle Awesome and Aunt Trix gave Cohen this really cute bucket of stuff to decorate a pumpkin similar to the way you decorate Mr. Potato Head.

Here is Cohen showing off the teeth.


The boys emptying the bucket of goodies. I keep seeing the Mr. Potato Head from Toy Story saying something about packing his "angry eyes."


The pumpkin accessories were for Frankenstein...so these are the bolts for his neck or head or whatever.


Not sure what is going on in this picture, I just tought it was a really cool shot. I'd love to take credit for all these wonderful pictures, but I'm afraid I was inside cooking dinner during all this fun...but we are so fortunate for family members with cameras who are willing to share all thier pictures with me.


Ok...again, not sure what's going on....just a cute shot....love that kid!


Putting all the pieces in the right spot.


The finished product!



Now on to carving the pumpkin. This is the same pumpkin from the pumpkin patch that visited Cohen's school. It was pretty beat up when it finally made it home, so it was perfect for carving!








So I asked the question, do you know what the inside of a pumpkin looks like? Well no one took pictures of the inside, so if you don't know, this post isn't going to help you. But, after carving this pumpkin, Cohen does know.






The finished product...at night. I'm sure I got a picture of it somewhere during the day, but this one is so much spookier!




No comments:

Post a Comment