Saturday, January 1, 2011

What other Christmas Day traditions do you have?

So far we have covered Santa's gifts, our gifts to each other, and the stockings. Let's move on to more Christmas day fun.

Years ago, my mom started this tradition of baking cinnamon rolls for breakfast on Christmas morning. Usually, my mother would cook bacon, eggs, toast, biscuits, pancakes, etc., but on Christmas she would take the morning off and let the Pillsbury Doughboy do the cooking. I LOVE this tradition....so we are passing that one on to Cohen.

We also had chocolate pudding for breakfast as well. During bath time on Christmas Eve, I was singing Christmas songs to Cohen. I started singing "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" and you know the second verse goes "and bring us some figgy pudding." Well as soon as I started singing that verse, Cohen wanted pudding. I told him that he would have to wait until in the morning. His first request on Christmas morning was not to see what Santa brought him, not to see if the reindeer ate their food, not to see if Mom and Dad got him anything...no, no, no...this kid sat up in bed and said "pudding." So yes, we had chocolate pudding and cinnamon rolls for breakfast on Christmas morning.


Jace read the official Christmas story from Luke chapter 2 while we ate our breakfast.


After breakfast we moved on to decorating Jesus' Birthday Cake.


I ended up having to spread most of the icing, but Cohen put the sprinkles on all by himself.




The middle of the cake was well sprinkled....I think it looks wonderful!


Later, we put candles in the cake and sang "Happy Birthday" to Jesus. I guess I forgot to take pictures of the candles and the singing, because I was so busy singing too.

Overall it was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment