Monday, February 14, 2011

Going to Get Cohen (Part 9)

New Orleans 2/14/2010 2:44 AM
Vladivostok 2/14/2010 6:44 PM

Happy Valentine’s Day!

For those that really know me, I don’t typically celebrate Valentine’s Day. I believe it is a holiday created by the greeting card companies to try to get us to spend our money.

This being our first Valentine’s Day with Cohen, I decided to get him a book to tell him how much we love him.  Don’t get upset if it never happens again. I think we should tell people how much we love them every day.

Anyway, enough of that soapbox.

We opened our Valentine’s Day cards from Nan and Pops, Lucy and Ella, and the Pourciau’s. Cohen was introduced to Stella thanks to an adorable picture of her in pigtails. Too cute!

Earlier today we moved Cohen’s bed back into his room and he took a nap in there all by himself. He did great! We actually had to go in there and wake him up so we could make it to our dinner reservations.

For Valentine’s Day we went to the restaurant here at the Vlad Inn with the other American family here with us. We had a great time! Cohen was wonderful so long as we kept Cheerios in front of him. Jace and I split a seafood plate and we each got a dessert. We were there for almost an hour and a half. The restaurant had a band, so Cohen stayed entertained for most of the evening. They also had a clown there making balloon animals. Cohen just watched her; he wasn’t interested in getting close enough to actually get a balloon. She popped a couple of the balloons and it scared some of the other children that were there, but not Cohen. He wasn’t really fazed at all.

For those looking for more pictures, I’m not sure what happened today. I didn’t take any! Hopefully I do better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment