Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Going to Get Cohen (Part 16)

New Orleans 3/2/2010 4:55 PM
Vladivostok 3/3/2010 8:55 AM

We leave Russia today! Yay! I’m so ready to be home. Russia has been wonderful, but I’m ready for things to get back to normal…or a new form of normal for us.

I don’t think any of us slept at all last night. Jace actually got up at one point and went into the living room to watch TV. I don’t know if I have mentioned our TV channel selection yet. We have BBC, Fox News, and two other English channels. The other English channels are Star World, and Star World Movies. Star World plays popular American shows like Friends and Seinfeld. They have also been playing the most recent season of American Idol, so I’m not missing any of that while I’m here. The movies are really not that great, and they play the same things over and over again. Oh and the commercials! They are terrible! It’s basically just commercials for the next show that’s coming on, but it is the exact same commercial every commercial break. Ugh. I’m happy to have these wonderful English channels, but I miss my DVR back home.

We are in the process of packing all our stuff and trying to decide what gets checked and what we need on the plane. I’ve never traveled 30 hours with a child. We are bringing some books and a few toys. We are also packing baby food and formula.

No comments:

Post a Comment