Sunday, March 27, 2011

What state are you in now? (Raney Vacation 2011 - Day 1)

During our Mardi Gras break, the Raney family loaded up our minivan and headed to Georgia. Jace, Cohen and I invited Nan and Pops to join us in all our fun. We are so happy they agreed to go along.

We started our trip with a fun morning at the Bonnet Carre Spillway watching Jace finish his first Warrior Dash. Read about Jace's experience on his blog. Overall it was tons of fun, and Jace did a great job! Uncle Awesome, Aunt Trix, and Uncle Ryan also ran the Warrior Dash. While the runners were doing their thing, Cohen, Nan, Pops, Aunt Stephanie and I played around the spectator area. It was loads of fun.

Cohen loved that he could play in all the mud puddles.


We may have dressed alike, but only one of us is a warrior.


Here we are at the start of the race with Jace. Go Team Raney! (Even if it is only Jace running this race.)


Uncle Awesome and Cohen played in the mud while we were waiting for Jace to finish the race.


Here are a few shots of Jace close to the end of the race.



 Way to go Jace!! I'm so proud of you!


Here are all the warriors. They did a great job!!


Aunt Stephanie took a few really cute pictures of me and my little man. Here are a few of my favorites...



When he's not trying to hit me in the face....


 ....he's loving on me. I love my boy!


Whew...after all that fun, we went home, showered and loaded the van to go to Georgia. After all that racing, Cohen was exhaused.


For those that don't know....Cohen is learning his states, so I thought I would take the opportunity to teach him his states on this trip. He made a stop in each state to take a picture with a sign. On the way to Georgia, we did not stop at the rest stop in Mississippi or Georgia because Cohen was sleeping when we passed those.

We did stop in Alabama.


I love this picture, because Cohen is eating his state card.


Look how happy he is to learn about states.


Once we returned to the car, I read off the fun facts about the state off the back of the card. It was a learning experience for all of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment