Thursday, June 30, 2011

Did you learn anything new at the botanical gardens?

Cohen and I took a field trip to the New Orleans City Park Botanical Gardens. We are learning about colors this week, and I thought flowers would be a great way to show Cohen all the beautiful colors God created.

For this trip, I allowed him to take his own camera (or just our really old digital camera). The assignment was to take pictures of the different colored flowers and then when we got home we could look over them, maybe print them out and make a book or something. The book has not happened yet, but we did get some good pictures.

This is one picture that I took of him. Who knows, maybe he will grow up to be a photographer. He did a really good job with the camera!



And here are a few of the flower pictures Cohen took.






And sometimes taking picture of flowers gets kind of boring, so he took some creative pictures of other things too.

My knees...


His shoe...


A picture of me taking a picture of him.


This is the picture I got of him about that same time...


He loved this huge pink swing, so he took my picture on it...


Later on, the Saunders joined the fun at the botanical gardens, so Cohen took some pictures of them too!




I got a couple of cute pics of them too. These girls are so cute!!




And if that's not enough pictures...I have a few more of my Cohen I wish to share.








And last...my most favorite picture of the day....taken by Cohen.

4 comments:

  1. I would love to be in your class. Are you accepting any other students? Learning can be so much fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He really did take some good pictures...I'm impressed. Looks like a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious! I'll have to remember this activity in a few months (haha I mean years) when we start teaching Briggs about colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Precious! We will have to remember this activity in a few months (haha I mean years) when we start teaching Briggs about colors :)

    ReplyDelete