Saturday, June 18, 2011

How did you get all the birthday party stuff done?

Well...I had lots of help! I love our family (even the ones that aren't technically related to us). They are always willing to step in when I need them.

Lots of people helped out ahead of time...

As seen in a prior post, Mr. Jerry put together the kid wash for us. Mrs. Jan helped make some yummy potato salad. Jace did a great job mowing the yard, picking up tables and chairs. A good friend of ours helped us edge the back patio (While we were on vacation! Have I mentioned we have the BEST friends!?!).

The day before the party, I was super stressed because my house was still a mess and I didn't know how I was going to get it all cleaned. My good friends, The Pourciaus and The Millets, entertained Cohen at the pool for the afternoon while I cleaned house. Couldn't have got it done without you guys!

The day before the party, I got a super special treat! These two girls showed up to help clean my house.




They drove 5 hours to attend Cohen's 3rd birthday party....and to help me! My mom and younger sister, Mitzi, are like sweet angels!

I'm always amazed at what my Mom can do when she's here. The two of them decorated, dusted, mopped, vacuumed, scrubbed, and washed everything! And on top of that...sometime during the actual birthday party, my Mother managed to do a load of my laundry.

I wish I had taken pictures of everyone helping behind the scenes....the day of the party, Mrs. Jan, Mitzi and my Mom prepared all the pulled pork, cole slaw, and did all the dishes that were associated with that. They helped set everything out on tables. They worked hard so that I could play hard with Cohen.

I laid my camera down on the table at the party and just told random people to take pictures...I saw it in the hands of LOTS of people....so most of the pictures you are seeing on the blog are because of those kind folks who helped us out!

We greatly appreciate all the help! Can't wait to have you all help again next year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment