Monday, June 20, 2011

What did Cohen get for his birthday?

Really, the question today should be "What did Cohen give for his birthday?"

For Cohen's birthday this year, we requested that instead of giving things to a kid that already has more than he could ever want, lets help kids that live in other areas of the world that are waiting for a forever family. It makes me tear up everytime I think that there was once a time that Cohen didn't have his own family.

He's such a huge blessing in our lives, and we wanted to share that blessing in a small way with other kids in other parts of the world.

In my first birthday post, you will see a copy of the invitation. On the bottom of the invitation, we simply requested our guests make a donation to Samaritan's Purse, Orphans and Vulnerable Children Fund.

Some guests left money in envelopes or mentioned the amount in a card to Cohen. For his birthday, he gave away more than $200 to this charity (that we know of...there may be more). What an amazing difference our Cohen is already making in this world. I don't know if we will be able to do this every year, but I know that God put it on our hearts this year and we obeyed.

What is God asking you to do? Are you getting your kids involved? Get out there and DO SOMETHING!


"Learn to do right; seek justice.
Defend the oppressed.
Take up the cause of the fatherless;
plead the case of the widow."
Isaiah 1:17 (NIV)

1 comment:

  1. You really don't know me very well. I am Jennifer Watson's sister. I met you when y'all were at Tech a looong time ago. :) I follow your blog from time to time and I think Cohen is adorable! I saw the invitation on a previous post. I think it is so great that you guys asked for money to be sent to a charity. It honestly touched my heart and I will be doing this for my son's birthday. Keep up the good work. Cohen looks so happy.

    ReplyDelete