Sunday, August 14, 2011

Do you have a mighty mind?

My son is just getting smarter and smarter each day. A couple of months ago, Cohen's Nan and Pops gave him this really neat game called Mighty Minds. This is a magnet game where you put shapes together to make a larger shape, or picture.

Cohen and I took it out shortly after we got it, and Cohen could barely get through the first puzzle without getting frustrated. Not today. We've played with it several times since that day, and he's getting really good. We made it to the 7th puzzle! I'm so proud of him!

I love this game because it encourages him to think about things for himself and solve problems. It's difficult for me to just sit back and let him try...I want to help him so bad....but I have to remember that I'm not always going to be there to help, so he needs to learn to figure things out on his own. Today it is magnetic shapes, tomorrow, who knows?



No comments:

Post a Comment