Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Where does this pom pom go?

I've been trying to get creative with our home school curriculum so that we can incorporate working on fine motor skills. I did some research on the internet and Pinterest (my new favorite website, thanks to my SIL Tricia) to see what I could find to help Cohen work on his fine motor skills. There are so many wonderful ideas out there.

I found this one on a Montessori home schoolers blog.

I took dixie cups and colored the outside of each one with a different color. Then I emptied a bag of colored pom poms in front of Cohen. I gave him some ice tongs from an ice bucket I got as a wedding gift. His instructions were to use the tongs to pick up the pom poms and place them in the correct cup.

It was a lot of fun! He called it his "Cooking Game" and he's requested to play this game everyday since. (Also if you look closely...I've been thinking that Cohen may be left handed, but he used both his right and left hands for this exercise. I guess we will have to wait a few more months before he decides which hand he wants to write with).




1 comment:

  1. Great idea!!

    When you finish teaching one on one, you need to go in the classroom!! You would make a fantastic teacher!!!!

    ReplyDelete