Thursday, September 15, 2011

Did you earn your Learn Something New Badge?

As you are probably all aware, Cohen and I have been working our way through Family Fun Magazine's Badges of Fun. The badge this month was the Learn Something New Badge.

We decided to play with the alphabet (since Cohen is learning about his letters in our homeschool program). Cohen and I made our own letter writing tray.

Prior to this learning experience, I purchased a set of 3 cheap cookie trays and spray painted all 3 with chalkboard paint. I love chalkboard paint!

I used the smaller tray and some chalk  to draw the letters/shapes on my tray. Cohen used some moon sand to "draw" the letters/shapes. It really was a lot of fun!!

Here is a picture of Cohen's "C." (Note: prior to this activity...Cohen did an activity that involved M&M candy...that is why he has chocolate on the side of his face....check the blog later for info on that activity).


After all that hard work....he got his Learn Something New Badge!!


And we added it to our collection!


The next one is Family Night Fun badge....can't wait to do that one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment