Monday, October 31, 2011

What is your favorite season?

My favorite season is Fall. I love the cooler days and fun fall colors. This is the reason I wanted to get married in the month of October...it's one of my favorites!

The week that Cohen and I learned about Farms, we also learned about Fall.

Our first project was painting some fall leaves. I found this fun craft on Pinterest.


Instead of just using construction paper for the leaves, I decided to pull out the easel and have Cohen paint swirls in orange, red and yellow.




During naptime, I took the paper and cut it into the shapes of leaves. Later we used tape to attach the leaves to ribbon and the ribbon to a construction paper circle. I think it turned out pretty cute.


Here's a little closer shot of one of the leaves.


Later we sorted apples and leaves.



Then we worked on patterns with leaves, scarecrows, and apples. Cohen did great with this!!



Now for our reading list for the week...this includes the books we read for Farm and Fall.


Thump, Quack, Moo: A Whacky Adventure by Doreen Cronin and Betsy Lewin
Very Busy Spider, The by Eric Carle
The Barn Party by Nancy Tafuri
The Noisy Noisy Farm by Stephanie Stansbie and Veronica Vasylenko
Mrs. Huggins and Her Hen Hannah by Lydia Dabcovich
No Sleep for the Sheep! by Karen Beaumont and Jackie Urbanovic
Old McDonald Had a Farm by Wendy Straw

The Ugly Duckling by Hans Christian Andersen and Bernadette Watts
One Potato, Two Potato by Cynthia DeFelice and Andrea U'Ren
I Am a Bunny (A Golden Sturdy Book) by Ole Risom and Richard Scarry
Leaf Man by Lois Ehlert
Red Leaf, Yellow Leaf by Lois Ehlert
Fall Mixed Up by Bob Raczka
Little Red's Autumn Adventure by Sarah The Duchess of York Ferguson and Sam Williams
I Know It's Autumn by Eileen Spinelli and Nancy Hayashi
Way Down South by Rozanne Lanczak Williams and Jennifer B. Harris
The Monster Under My Bed by Suzanne Gruber and Stephanie McFetridge Britt
Fall by Nicola Baxter and Kim Woolley
 




No comments:

Post a Comment