Thursday, January 12, 2012

How are you doing with your Family Fun badges?

Well, not good. We took a little break from this project and got behind, but I'm determined to catch up.

The 5th Family Fun badge was to Preserve Family Memories and while I've done lots of projects over the past few months to preserve our memories, Cohen has not been involved, and he's the one that needs to earn this badge...so I'm not letting him take credit for my work! We will come back to this badge later, but for now, we are skipping ahead to #6.

The 6th Family Fun badge is to Start a New Tradition. I'm happy they did this one around Christmas, because there are so many opportunities to start a new tradition around a holiday. One suggestion that they gave was to read a holiday story each night. Before the Christmas season began, I saw this same suggestion on Pinterest.


I got online and ordered a few new and used books for our collection, and wrapped up some of the classics we had on hand. I had 25 books total. While I was out Christmas shopping one day, Mrs. Jan and Abbah wrapped all the books and got them ready for our new tradition.



I'm not going to list all 25 books, but I will list a few of our favorites.

How the Grinch Stole Christmas by Dr. Seuss (Cohen's absolute favorite!!)
The Hat by Jan Brett
The Mitten by Jan Brett
Santa Cows by Cooper Edens and Daniel Lane
Snowmen at Night by Caralyn Buehner and Mark Buehner
Llama Llama Holiday Drama by Anna Dewdney
Auntie Claus by Elise Primavera
There were several versions of the real Christmas story scattered in there too. Some of those books I actually picked up from the dollar store, and they were pretty good.

For the 25th book, the book we read on Christmas day, I wrapped up the Bible. On Christmas day, Cohen opened it and Jace read the real Christmas story the way it was meant to be told.

I'm happy we started this tradition, and I hope we continue this for many years to come.




No comments:

Post a Comment