Monday, January 30, 2012

How well do you know Cohen?

I have been reading all the New Year posts on some of my favorite blogs where they are setting goals for the year. I don't do New Years Resolutions, but I like to look at the beginning of the year as a time when we should reflect and see what lifestyle changes we need to make in order to have a better life (not just year). Something I really want to do is cherish the time I have with my son. I know that in a year and a half he will start kindergarten, then middle school, then high school, then college, then....oh my goodness, I don't want to think about it anymore!!

I've decided that I want to cherish every sweet moment I have with Cohen because I know there will come a day when I don't get to spend everyday with him.

In an effort to do this, I'm trying to create traditions, memory books, and pictures of all our favorite moments. We have also started tweeting some of Cohen's funny sayings, so we can go back in a year or 5 and read them. (If you want to follow Cohen search for @raneyisms).

I saw this really cute project on Oopsey Daisey's website and I thought this would be a great idea to do at the beginning of each year.

Earlier this month, I sat Cohen down and asked him a similar series of questions. I used Publisher to create a cute image and I sent it to Wal-Mart to have it printed on 8x10 photo paper.

Here is the finished product....



I haven't actually framed it and hung it up yet, but it was a lot of fun doing this little questionnaire with him.

4 comments:

  1. Precious!! Something to treasure and give to him when he's grown!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute! I love that if he could go anywhere in the world, he would go to Molly's, that is just so sweet! Are you going to try and do this every month?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dara, the plan is to do this once a year, hopefully January.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just sat here smiling the whole time I read this. He is too cute. :)

    ReplyDelete