Sunday, January 8, 2012

What else did you make for Christmas (Part 1)?

I got really crafty this year for Christmas. As mentioned yesterday, I made some fun magnets for some of our friends and family.

Here they are all packaged up and ready to go.



I made these really cute coasters for Cohen's school teachers.


Materials:
4 Tiles (from Home Depot)
1 can chalkboard paint (also from Home Depot)
Felt pads for the bottom

Instructions:
Spray paint tiles, stick the felt pads on the bottom...and give them away.

They guys on the list are always hard to buy for, so I made them a key holder. These were for Cohen's Awana teachers.


Materials:
Wood Plaque (from Hobby Lobby)
Paper/Stickers (I got a Christian themed set from Hobby Lobby)
Modge Podge
Paint

Instructions:
Paint the wood plaque
Trace/measure paper for background and modge podge it to the wood plaque
Add stickers

I modge podged the letters and flat stickers so that they would stay. I also added some super glue to the back of the raised cross so it would stay as well.

After everything was dry, I got Jace to help me drill holes in the bottom of the plaque and I added some hooks. I totally forgot to take a finished picture...oops. In the pictures above you can see the white modge podge, but that dries totally clear.

Stay tuned...I'll share the fun crafty things I made for my mom and Mrs. Jan for Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. Great ideas! The key holders are really neat and love the coasters with the chalk board paint.

    ReplyDelete