Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Where does your cup go?

I feel like I ask this question a MILLION times a day!! Cohen is too big for sippy cups, but he's too forgetful to remember to push his cup to the back of the table. That means I end up cleaning up a spilled drink about 4-5 times a day! It has to end!!!

Today I made a placemat to help with this. I kept thinking, I'll just put a sticker on the table so he will remember where is cup goes, but I don't want a sticker on my table! And then what happens if he chooses to sit in a different chair? More than one sticker, I don't think so.

Here is a picture of the placemat...


...and the back...


For Christmas, my mom and dad gave me a laminating machine! Now I'm a laminating fool! Did you know that if you laminate a piece of paper, it automatically becomes a dry erase board. That's the reason for the "The Story of Cohen's Day." He can use dry erase markers to draw pictures of things he did during the day while I'm cooking, fixing plate, cleaning up, etc.

We haven't actually used it yet, but I'll let  you know how that goes.


UPDATE (1/18/2012): We used this new placemat twice yesterday and it worked GREAT! No spilled drinks! Yay!

3 comments:

  1. We used to have those placemats at school! The also help when learning to set the table! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!!! Might be a good one for your Etsy store as well. :)

    ReplyDelete