Saturday, February 25, 2012

Can you believe he can ride a bike?

Cohen and I have been going on walks almost everyday this week. We went with some friends on Thursday, and he decided that he needed to try some tricks on his bike.

See, a few months ago, Jace and I took the training wheels and pedals off Cohen's bike. We read that this is a great way to teach your child how to balance on his bike. So Cohen would basically run the bike around the neighborhood.

This is a video from October 2011, shortly after we took the training wheels and pedals off the bike...



Well, Thursday, he started to pick up his feet and put them on the fork at the front of the bike. He could balance and ride like that for a few yards. I figured if he could balance himself well enough to put his feet up on his bike, then he could pedal.

Yesterday when Jace got home, Cohen met him in the yard and begged him to put the pedals back on his bike.

And this is what happened....



I am one proud mama! I cannot believe he actually did it! At the end of the video, you can hear him yell out "Look at me!" He was so proud of himself too!

The thing that makes this so sweet is that he spent the first 20 months of his life in an institution. That basically means he was confined to a bed or very small space. Everyone told us to expect delays with his motor skills because of this. I'm in tears right now just writing this out, because he's not delayed! My boy can ride a bike without training wheels!!

This is a great example of how wonderful and powerful our God is! Even when everyone said he would be behind his peers developmentally, God showed us that anything is possible! I can't wait to see what God has in store for this little boy. I know He's got a great big plan for my little Cohen.



1 comment:

  1. He's amazing!! His Daddy better start training big time because he has some competition!!!

    ReplyDelete