Monday, February 13, 2012

How do you show love?

As you know, Cohen goes to school one day a week (Wednesdays). Well, last week his teachers told him all about this party for Valentine's Day and encouraged him to decorate a box for the occasion. One small problem, the party was going to be on Valentine's Day, which fall on a Tuesday.

Cohen's teachers and the school administrators are so supportive of our decision to homeschool and send him one day a week. I'm so grateful for all of them and the work they do with my child. When they realized that he would miss the party, they all got together and decided to extend a special invitation to my boy so he could attend the party with his friends.

When we received the call inviting him to come on Tuesday, we set to work right away on his Valentine Box. Lucky for us, Meme and Big Al came by to visit, and they brought some really cute foam crafts. These were supposed to be magnets, but I thought they would look amazing on his valentine box.




For the treats for his classmates, we made White Chocolate popcorn.

It was super easy....all you need is popcorn, almond bark, m&m's, and some fun holiday sprinkles.

And the last thing to do was stick a name tag on each one.


Turned out yummy and cute. I hope his classmates enjoy them.

Hope you have a Happy Valentine's Day!

I'd like to just note, I am not a huge fan of this holiday. I request that my wonderful husband not purchase anything for me and we didn't get anything for Cohen. I feel that this holiday, like Mother's Day, Father's Day, Grandparent's Day, etc. are all created by the greeting card companies and are designed to force you to spend money that you may or may not have on people that you should express your love to 365 days a year (or I guess 366 this year).

I would like for you to take a special minute on Valentine's Day to remember what Love really means. Maybe instead of spending large amounts of money on these "fake" holidays, we could instead show God's love by putting ourselves and our needs aside, and remember all those that he commanded us to love, each and everyday of the year.

Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. - John 15:13

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.  - John 3:16

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful1 I love you and your willingness to help others.

    ReplyDelete