Monday, February 27, 2012

What's cooking? (Emily's Enchiladas)

A few weeks ago I e-mailed my friends and family a fun recipe for some crockpot chicken. I got such a great response from that one email that I decided that I should put some of my recipes on my blog.

Here is one of my favorites:

Emily's Enchiladas

1 lb ground beef or turkey
1 1/2 c salsa
1 t cumin
1/2 t salt
4 oz cream cheese (low fat works great)
4 oz shredded cheese
1/4 c chopped onions (optional, the Raney's eat onions in just about everything!)
Tortillas (I use the small ones, but medium would also work)

Preheat oven to 350°. Brown ground beef. Once beef is done, add 1 cup salsa, onions, cumin, salt and cream cheese until melted. Spoon meat mixture into tortillas. Place seam side down in lightly greased cake pan. top with remaining 1/2 cup salsa and cheese. Bake for about 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.

This is an excellent meal to double and freeze half of it, because it reheats really well.






I totally forgot to take a picture of the finished product, but they were very tasty! I served this dish with a side of fruit salad. Cohen ate everything I put on his plate! That boy loves to eat!!

1 comment: