Wednesday, March 28, 2012

What starts with the letter S?

This may have been the most fun letter we’ve learned yet.

We started Swim lessons. Maybe I’ll post a video or something later…but for now, a cute picture of Cohen in his new swimsuit.

IMG_2326

We also learned about our senses.

Taste…
We tasted all sorts of yummy foods and decided if they were sweet, salty or sour. Cohen’s favorite was the chocolate.

IMG_2290

Smell…
I let Cohen smell lotion, vanilla, mint extract, vinegar and oil. He loved he lotion!


IMG_2295

Next, we painted with scented paint. I mixed some mint extract with the red paint and some vanilla with the yellow.

IMG_2296

IMG_2300

His is on the left, mine on the right.

IMG_2298IMG_2299

On Friday, my good friend, Missy, asked Jace and I to come read to her second grade class for Read Across America (or Dr. Suess’ Birthday). It was a wonderful experience, and I’m so glad Missy invited us!

Missy (Pinkalicious), me (Fancy Nancy), Cohen (a dragon), and Jace.


IMG_2261

We went home and learned lots more about Dr. Seuss.

We read a book, then did a fun craft or activity. We got most of our ideas from Oopsey Daisy. I love her blog!




We started with Horton Hears a Who, and made some fun elephant ears. Then played drums on pots and pans using wooden spoons (we were pretending to be who’s).
IMG_2263

IMG_2264

We played the drums so hard, we broke one of my wooden spoons.

IMG_2265

We read The Cat in the Hat and completed a puzzle.

IMG_2266

You all know about my love of handprint crafts, right? Well, check out Thing 1 and Thing 2!

IMG_2280

We read The Foot Book, then traced and measured Cohen’s foot.

IMG_2270

IMG_2269

Overall, it was a really fun week!

I listed a few of the Seuss books we read earlier in the blog, and for now that’s all you’re getting. Get to reading some Seuss!

1 comment:

  1. Love the ears and Thing 1 and Thing 2!!! Can you come teach at our school?!!!!

    ReplyDelete