Saturday, April 14, 2012

How do you preserve your memories?

Just prior to coming home with Cohen, I knew that I needed to find a way to keep track of all of our wonderful memories. I tried my hand at scrapbooking a few years ago, and I didn’t really love it. Too much work, too much money, and I didn’t want to sit in a room alone putting together memory books.

I decided to make books using Shutterfly. The first book I made was one for our first trip to Russia to meet Cohen. This was before shutterfly gave us the ability to totally customize the books, so this one is very basic, black/white with colored pictures and lots of stories.

IMG_2728

IMG_2726

I have made about 10 books, and I love them all. I’ve made a book for Birthdays, Vacations, and Christmas. This is my newest book…Christmas 2011.

IMG_2729

I’m in the process of creating a yearbook for our Prek3 school year. We aren’t finished with school, so that book is not finished yet. I got this great idea from a blog that I follow called Too Many B’s.

Start making books for yourself!  It’s super easy and they are really durable. Cohen loves to sit down and look through each one of them. It’s a great way to tell his story over and over again. In the books about our trips to Russia, I took all the journal/blog entries about those trips and put them in the books, so they tell the full story, it’s not just pictures. I think those two books are by far my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment