Tuesday, April 24, 2012

How was your first craft fair?

As many of you are well aware, our church (First Baptist Laplace) hosted it’s very first Craft Fair. We held this craft fair to raise a little money for those of us going on mission trips this Summer. I’ve never taken part in a craft fair, but I have enjoyed purchasing things from craft fairs in the past, so I figured I’d help out with this one.

564186_3559404939765_1112022864_3467205_2050981253_n[1]

I really like to make crafts, so I decided that not only would I help plan the fair, but I’d also purchase a booth and sell some of my homemade crafts.

My friend, Missy, let me use her Cricut. I made a cute sign for my booth.
IMG_2765

Here is a little sample of what I sold at my booth.

IMG_2783

I’m going to post a tutorial later on how to make some of these fun crafts, but for now, I’m just sharing a picture. In the picture you can see the metal memo board, magnets, jewelry/key hook, and post-it note frame. I also had some necklaces and coasters.

Here is the booth all setup.

575305_10151543341790375_636050374_23555355_1604962373_n[2]

The craft fair was a lot of fun and I met lots of wonderful people from the LaPlace area. What a great way to get new people into the church. I know that they may not have heard the gospel message, but they got to meet a few church people and see our facilities. I’m convinced any time you can get someone to come into the building, you are taking the right steps to get them to show up on a Sunday morning, and then I know they will hear a great message (we have a wonderful pastor who does an amazing job of teaching God’s word).

I didn’t sell everything, so I’m going to post some pictures of some of the items I have for sale.

The magnet boards are $10 each, and you get a set of matching magnets to go with it. I can ship these anywhere in the US. Shipping is an additional $2.50 ($.25 for each additional). I have several different colors, so e-mail me at eraney03@gmail.com if you are interested in purchasing one!

IMG_2824


Chalkboard Coasters for $7. These make GREAT teacher appreciation gifts. I can ship these also, and it will cost $2.50 each.

IMG_2826

I have a few jewelry/key hooks in several different colors. I’m selling these for $10 each. These are about 6” in length and have 3 silver hooks at the bottom. I can ship these for $2.50 ($.25 for each additional). I have other colors so e-mail me at eraney03@gmail.com if you are interested in a certain color.

IMG_2825

I’m planning to list a few on Etsy, so if you’d rather buy from there, feel free.

As for the post-it note frames, I have several of those, but unfortunately I cannot ship those. I’m afraid they would break. If you are in the LaPlace/Baton Rouge/New Orleans area and want one, message me. Also, I’m going to be traveling to North Louisiana in the next couple of weeks, so I can deliver them to you up there too!

I’d also take orders for these things as well, so if you think you might want more than one, or a certain color, I can work with you. All proceeds from Craft Fair items go towards my mission trip to Haiti in July with the 410 Bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment