Thursday, May 3, 2012

What starts with the letter V?


The week we learned about V was a very special week for us. One of our school days, Cohen had 4 of his friends come to play. It is spring break for lots of schools around here, so these fun kids decided to spend the day with us: The Pourciau girls, Stella (4) and Cille (1.5), and the Courville girls, Victoria (almost 8) and Katelyn (5).

We started off learning about vegetables. I thought it would be fun to have the kids do a little painting with vegetables. I’m pretty crazy, I know, to have 5 kids ranging in ages from 1.5-7 painting on the kitchen floor, but I’ve yet to make a mess that I was not able to clean up later. So, we had some fun with it!

IMG_2706
IMG_2709
IMG_2710
IMG_2711

On a fun day with friends, there are no worksheets, and we didn’t sit for hours reading books. I think it’s important to allow my son to have some play time when his friends are here. We will have plenty of days for reading lengthy books and doing worksheets.

IMG_2717

After playing for a long time outside, everyone was ready for lunch and a movie. Some of these great kids even fell asleep!

IMG_2713

As if that day wasn’t enough fun, we stretched our our fun with friends later that week. Victoria and Katelyn came back to play and we had even more fun with Vegetables.

We learned about how it is important to wash our vegetables when we get them from the garden, farmers market, or grocery store. Everyone got a chance to wash some of my yummy veggies! Now if only I could find a way to get these kids to eat them.

IMG_2732

IMG_2734
IMG_2735
IMG_2736
IMG_2739
IMG_2741

That afternoon, we went to the library. All the kids got a chance to play some games on the computers.

IMG_2746

Stay tuned…tomorrow I’m going to share some tips on how to handle a houseful of kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment