Thursday, January 17, 2013

Do you know your helping and linking verbs?


Last semester in CC we learned our Prepositions. Cohen LOVED learning his prepositions, mostly because there was a really catchy song that went with them. Allow me to brag a moment…he was actually invited by one of the local elementary schools to come recite his prepositions.

This is a picture of him in front of a classroom full of 4th graders reciting his prepositions! I’m so proud!

IMG_5686


This semester we are learning our helping and linking verbs. I wanted to have them displayed in our school room because most of these make excellent sight words, and I am trying to teach Cohen to read (Trying being the word…he does not love to read…he does however LOVE to be read to, so I’m not pressuring. There will come a day when he doesn’t want me to read to him, so I’m enjoying this time while I can.)

Anyway, I used my fancy new Silhouette Cameo to create a Helping Verb and Linking Verb train. I think it turned out really cute! I got the idea from our classroom at CC. They have the books of the bible listed on the wall, so I figured I could do that same thing with the verbs.

IMG_5942

IMG_5944

IMG_5943

 

1 comment: