Friday, February 15, 2013

Can you show some love?

I’m really, really late with my Valentine cards this year! I actually put them in the mail yesterday, so I’m hoping the grandparents got them before they read this blog.

 

A few weeks ago, Cohen and I happened to be at the New Orleans Sculpture Garden near City Park and stumbled upon this sculpture. I took a few pictures, none of which turned out great because I’m just not a great photographer, and I may or may not have had to pay him a dollar to get what I got.

 

After editing (or maybe just loading it to instagram) this was the final picture.

IMG_0179

 

I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out a card and glued all the pieces together. Here is the finished card…so sorry, once again, for the terrible photo. It’s laminated, so the glare was pretty brutal.

 

IMG_6232

 

Cohen made a fun valentine creation too. I cut out the big heart, and gave him my 1” hole punch, glue, markers, crayons and scissors. This is what he came up with.

 

IMG_6236

 

For dinner, we had a very special guest join us. Molly came as Cohen’s date, so we had our first double date with our son for Valentines Day. I do love this girl!

 

IMG_6239

 

They decorated a cookie cake for dessert. This wonderful recipe can be found in Kids in the Kitchen Year 'Round Fun Cookbook, special thanks to Uncle Sam and Aunt Karen for this one!

 

IMG_6252

 

The finished cookie…they put a few sprinkles on it.

 

IMG_6249

 

 

I’d like to say, I don’t really “do” valentines day. I think it’s another holiday created by the greeting card companies to make an extra buck. I do however love crafting, baking and just making messes with my 4 year old, so any excuse to do those things, I’m all for it!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment