Monday, February 18, 2013

What are you having for lunch today?

I wanted to share a recipe today. For those that know me well, you know I’m not a cook. I don’t enjoy cooking, but I love to eat. I’m always looking for yummy things to put on sandwiches, because I usually end up eating a sandwich 4-5 times a week.

 

I’ve recently become obsessed with avocados too. So I’ve been trying to create a way to fix a yummy sandwich with avocados. Now, of course the easiest way to do this is just slice up an avocado and put it on the sandwich. The problem with this is, I only use about 1/4 of the avocado, and the rest just goes bad because I have no idea how to properly keep them (I’ve tried several things and none really work). Last week, I decided to try to make a sandwich spread with the avocado. It worked really well…so I’m going to share it with you.

 

Below are the ingredients…

 

IMG_6295

Ingredients:

1 Avocado

2 tbsp light mayo

dash of salt (you could even used seasoned salt or Tony's)

1-2 tbsp lemon juice (I use the bottled stuff, but a fresh lemon would totally work)

 

Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix. (I actually put mine in a food processor to make it kinda creamy, but you don’t have to. It’s yummy with lumps too!)

 

Take a heaping spoonful of this delicious spread and put it on your sandwich. I’ve had it on ham, turkey, and chicken and I love it on any of them!

 

If you have any leftover, just stick it in the refrigerator and use it again the next day. Mine started turning brown on day 4 (but it ate it anyway and it was still yummy!)

 

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Put that on a bacon and tomato sandwich and you talk about yummy!!!!

    ReplyDelete