Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Do you ever print pictures?

I don’t. I’m not sure why. I think its because I really don’t have an organized place to put them, so I just don’t ever print them. It makes me sad, because I have taken so many great pictures of Cohen. I’ve mentioned before that I love to make Shutterfly Photo Books. As you can see, these are mostly for major events, such as the adoption of a child, birthdays, Christmas and vacations.

 

What am I supposed to do with all those fun pictures I post to Facebook or Instagram? Well I ran across Blurb, a website where you can make your own photo books. I decided to give it a try. They actually downloaded pictures directly from my Instagram site and placed them in date order in my book.

 

IMG_6908

 

IMG_6909

 

IMG_6910

 

 

Overall, I thought it was super easy to upload my pictures. Because I edited my pictures in Instagram, there was no need to edit. I did have to change up the order of a few, not sure if that was because they uploaded in the wrong order, or if they were actually published on Instagram out of order, but it was only a few and it was easy to fix. The book that I got was 7x7, so the pictures are rather small, but its perfect for a coffee table. I

 

The only thing I would change is that I wish it would upload the dates posted and the comment posted along with the picture. I may go back with a nice ink pen and just write dates or captions on the pictures in my book. It may do this, and I’m just not aware of that feature.

 

They actually give you the option to purchase your book as a pdf as well, so I have a digital copy of my book too, that I will probably never print.

1 comment: