Sunday, November 3, 2013

What did you make for the school auction (part 2)?

So, yesterday you got to see what the kids helped me make for the auction at Cohen’s elementary school. Today, I’m going to share a couple other projects that are super easy but really make a big difference in they way the baskets look.

 

We made a kids art crate. For this project, I got a crate from Michaels (normally about $14, but I used my 40% off coupon and got it for cheap!). I spray painted it blue and spray painted a wooden plaque with chalkboard paint. I attached the two with some super strong E6000 glue.

 

After I finished painting the crate, I cut out a cute saying on my silhouette machine using contact paper. I attached it to the chalkboard, and traced the letters. I removed the stencil/contact paper, and used chalk to fill in the words.

 

So here’s a picture of the crate, filled with our art supplies.

 

Art Crate with Chalkboard - justanotherraneyday.blogspot.com

 

I also made a cute art smock/apron to go with the basket.

 

Art Apron - justanotherraneyday.blogspot.com

 

Here’s the entire basket!

Art Crate with Chalkboard - justanotherraneyday.blogspot.com

 

This school auction thing was lots of fun! I'm ready for next year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment